We proudly serve the areas of Elk Grove, Arden-Arcade, Roseville, Rocklin, Granite Bay, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Woodland, Vacaville, Stockton, and North Highland.
Harley-Davidson of Sacramento is opened as an agency by Frank J. Murray. It was the first authorized Harley-Davison® dealership in Sacramento. The original dealership was located at 508 J Street. Murray operated at this address from 1919 to 1931.
Frank J. Murray moved the dealership to 815 12th Street. The dealership operated at this location until 1973. During his time as a dealer, he enjoyed sponsoring motorcycle racing, hill climbing events and touring the California countryside in a sidecar with his wife Gladys. Frank was the owner for 31 years.
On February 1st, 1950 Armando and Lu Magri purchased the Harley-Davidson of Sacramento Dealership from Frank J. Murray. Magri himself had worked for Murray as his Parts Manager for some time. Armando Magri was a celebrated Harley-Davidson® motorcycle racer in his own right. He was a colorful man that always had a captivating story to tell. The name of the dealership changed to Armando Magri, Inc.
Armando Magri moved the dealership to its current location of 1000 Arden Way. He built a “flagship” dealership for the Harley-Davidson® Motor Company, one of the few in the U.S. and one of which the Motor Company was so proud. The Davidson’s and other important Motor Company dignitaries came for a visit to help celebrate the grand opening. The Magri family were owners for 33 years.
On October 1st, 1979 Mike Shattuck enters into an agreement to purchase the Dealership from the Magri’s. Mike Shattuck had been working for the Harley-Davidson® Motor Company as a District Manager. Bringing his experiences from the Motor Company and his love for motorcycles, Mike and Armando worked together as partners for 4 years.
On October 1st, 1983 Mike Shattuck becomes the sole owner. During his time as a dealer, Mike became very involved in XR750 dirt track motorcycle racing. With his expertise and passion, he managed to win the Grand National Championship in Peoria, IL in 1998 with Chris Carr as his racer. This was a most joyous event as it was in fact the first time an independent Harley-Davidson® dealership sponsored race team won a Grand National Championship race over the Harley-Davidson® Motor Company race team. Mike was an owner for 23 years.
On October 1st, 1992 Jay Westbrook enters into an agreement to purchase the dealership from Mike. Jay, like Mike, was a District Manager for the Harley-Davidson® Motor Company. Jay brought his years of motorcycle enthusiasm, knowledge, and salesmanship to help make the dealership successful. Jay and Mike worked together as partners for 10 years.
TShattuck and Westbrook take the dealership at 1000 Arden Way, totally gut the building and completely remodel and modernize the inside. The service center is built on the adjacent property to accommodate eleven technicians and incorporate a machine shop. That year they are awarded the prestigious “Harley-Davidson® Motor Company New Retail Environment Award, Dealer of the Year.”
The Westbrook family becomes the sole owners of Harley-Davidson of Sacramento Inc.